Jesus Will Meet You There
by Kristen Wetherell and Sarah Walton
Rating: 5 star rating
I picked up this book looking for encouragement, and it ended up being exactly what I needed. It felt like sitting down with a trusted friend who understands that life can be hard and who gently points you back to Jesus.
One part that especially stayed with me was the discussion of how we are like lambs. The authors talk about our tendency to wander, worry, and become anxious when life feels uncertain. As someone who struggles with anxiety at times, I found that comparison both humbling and comforting. We often try to handle everything ourselves, but like sheep, we really need the care and guidance of our Shepherd.
I was especially touched by the illustration of the "bummer lamb"; a lamb that has been rejected by its mother and must be cared for closely by the shepherd. The shepherd feeds it, carries it, and gives it special attention. The authors use this picture to show how Jesus draws, especially near to those who are hurting, broken, lonely, or struggling. Rather than being forgotten, the bummer lamb often becomes the one that stays closest to the shepherd. I found that image both beautiful and encouraging.
Throughout the book, the authors share scripture, personal experiences, and stories from Jesus' ministry to remind readers that He understands our fears, grief, doubts, and disappointments. They don't offer easy answers, but they do offer something better; a reminder that Jesus is present with us in the middle of our struggles.
By the end of the book, I felt comforted and encouraged. It reminded me that I don't have to carry every burden alone and that Jesus is patient with my worries and fears.
I would recommend this book to anyone dealing with anxiety, loss, loneliness, or simply needing reassurance that God has not forgotten them.
A gentle, hope-filled book that reminds us that even when we feel like the bummer lamb, we are deeply loved and cared for by our Good Shepherd.
Thanks to NetGalley, Penguin Random House Christian Publishing, Kristen Wetherell and Sarah Walton authors, for providing this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.
#NetGalley
#PenguinRandomHouseChristianPublishing
#JesusWillMeetYouThere
#KristenWetherell
#SarahWalton
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
No comments:
Post a Comment