Esther
by K. A. Ellis
Rating: 5 star rating
I absolutely love this commentary on Esther by K.A. Ellis. She makes heavy theology feel totally easy to grasp. I liked the way the commentary has a side by side format where the NIV Bible verses are printed right next to her commentary. This makes for a perfect devotional routine without constantly flipping pages.
Ellis does a beautiful job explaining how God is always working behind the scenes, even when life is scary or when it feels like He is silent.
What I loved most was how she explained the true ending of the book and the establishment of Purim. Ellis explains that Purim isn’t just a historical party; it represents the ultimate "reversal of lots." She highlights how Haman cast lots to destroy the Jews, but God flipped it around to deliver them instead.
If you want a quick, trustworthy guide that connects Esther and this historic feast to our modern hope, you will love this. This i found fascinating because I wasn't familiar with Purim.
Thank you, NetGalley, John Murray Press US, and K. A. Ellis for this book review consideration. All review opinions are my own.
#NetGalley
#JohnMurrayPressUS
#TheHodderBibleCommentaryEsther
#KAEllis
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
No comments:
Post a Comment