Rating: 5 star rating
I enjoyed Unbreakable Courage by Max Lucado. He uses the story of Elijah to talk about fear, anxiety, exhaustion, and what it means to keep trusting God when life feels like too much.
I liked that Lucado didn’t make Elijah seem perfect. Elijah was a strong man of faith, but he also became tired, afraid, and discouraged. King Ahab and Jezebel were against him, and Elijah often felt like he was standing alone. I think that is something a lot of us can relate to.
Lucado reminds us that we don't have to be strong all the time. God is there when we are tired, scared, or don't know what to do next. He talks about prayer, resting, listening to God, and having faith when things around us are confusing and chaotic.
This was an easy book to understand, and I liked how Lucado connected Elijah’s story to problems we face today. The main thing I took away from it is that real courage doesn't mean you never get afraid. It means trusting God even when you are afraid. I found the book encouraging and would recommend it to anyone who feels worn out or worried about what is going on in the world.
Thank you, NetGalley, Nelson Books | Thomas Nelson, and author Max Lucado, for providing me with a copy of this ebook review consideration. All review opinions are my own.
#NetGalley
#NelsonBooks
#ThomasNelson
#MaxLucado
#UnbreakableCourage
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment