Rating: 4 star rating
I liked 5 Minutes with Every Book of the Bible: Old Testament. This book breaks down every book of the Old Testament into short, easy to read sections that only take a few minutes each. It talks about the main people, what happens in each book, and the lessons you can learn from them. This is similar to what you have as a summary in a good bible, at the beginning of each book, but all in one place. I just wished that each one had been a little longer with more detail.
It was written in a way that was easy to understand, and I learned a few things I had forgotten or never noticed before. Some days, I read one section, and other days, I read several because they were so short.
By the end, I felt like I had a much better understanding of how all the Old Testament books fit together. This is a nice book to keep beside your Bible for quick reference or when you want a short devotional reading. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to read a quick summary of the Old Testament without having to get the whole bible out.
Thank you, NetGalley, Day Spring Publishing, and the author, Day Spring, for the book review consideration. All opinions are my own.
#NetGalley
#DaySpringPublishing
#DaySpring
#5MinuteswithEveryBookoftheBibleOldTestament
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment