Rated: 4 Star Rating
I read Budget Slow Travel in Retirement by Lidia Nash, and it changed how I look at my retirement years and travel. I used to think you had to be a millionaire to travel the world when you retire, but this book proves that is wrong.
The author, Lidia, and her husband, Jeff, decided to leave their regular lives in New Jersey in 2018. They just packed up their car, grabbed their little dog, and drove off to Mexico. Now, they have been traveling for eight years, visited almost 100 countries, and Lidia runs an online community with 170,000 or more members, who all do the same thing.
What I love about this book is how original it is. Lidia used to be an accountant, so she tracks every single dollar and shows you exactly how they do it. She explains real life tricks that save a lot of money, like swapping houses with other travelers so you never pay for hotels, or taking repositioning cruises to cross the ocean for dirt cheap. She also answers the questions regular people have, like how to handle foreign cell phone plans, banking, visas, and even what happens if you get sick abroad, sharing a story about a medical emergency they faced in Spain.
If you are tired of the idea of just sitting at home in retirement, you need to read this. It is a super easy read that dumps all the confusing travel jargon and gives you a realistic blueprint to travel smart on a budget. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see the world without breaking the bank.
Thank you, NetGalley, BookBuzz.net Independently published, and author Lidia Nash, for providing me with a copy of this ebook review consideration. All review opinions are my own.
#NetGalley
#Independently published
#BookBuzznet Independently published
#Lidia Nash author
#BudgetSlowTravelinRetirement
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment