Rating: 4 star rating
I really love Closer to God by Emily Wickham. As someone who always struggled to keep a consistent prayer life, I think she did a great job making everything easy to understand. I really like how each day includes a story from the author, a prayer, a way to apply the Bible, and a space for writing your own prayer. There are tons of great daily questions in here that really make you think, and she did an great job keeping things simple.
I am rating this a 4 because I feel like she could have explained things a little better with more detail. Specifically, I feel she should explain or give personal examples of how to prepare a prayer, because it doesn't come easy for everyone to put their thoughts on paper. I also wish there was a web link for visual learners to see real video clips of her teaching the lessons. Overall, it is still a great workbook for beginners, and I definitely recommend it if you want a deeper relationship with God.
Thank you, NetGalley, Our Daily Bread Publishing, and author Emily Wickham, for providing me with a copy of this free ebook in exchange for an honest review.
#NetGalley
#OurDailyBreadPublishing
#EmilyWickham author
#ClosertoGod
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment