Rated: 5 star rating
Trigger Warnings:
Violence and Death
I just finished reading Mary: Maiden, Mother, Matriarch by Ana Brigida Gomez, and it is a wonderful book.
The story follows the life of Mary from her early days growing up in Nazareth, through the years of raising Jesus, and into her later role helping the early Christian community. To flesh out the history, the author adds creative details and conversations that are not found in scripture. A great example of this is a fictional character named Bethany, who is introduced as a close friend of Mary to help illustrate what daily life and friendships were like for women during that time period.
There is also a lot of imagined detail about Jesus as he grows from a young boy into a man, showing his everyday interactions with Mary and Joseph in their small town before his ministry begins.
Even with these fictional additions, the book provides a very good rendering of the Bible, Jesus, Mary, and the rest of the family. It treats the source material with great respect and successfully makes these historical figures feel relatable and human. I definitely recommend it as an engaging and inspiring fictional Christian read.
Thank you BookSirens, Astrogea Books, and author Ana Brigida Gomez, for providing me with this ebook review consideration, in exchange for an honest review.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
#BookSirens
#AnaBrigidaGomez
#AstrogeaBooks
#ParablesUptheMountain
http://goodreads.com/patriciasreadingroom
http://www.patriciasreadingroom.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment